One of the recent changes to the regulations is the introduction of Metal Consumer Units, it is now a requirement under the Part P to install a metal consumer unit as an upgrade or from new. This has come about to minimise the risk of fire escaping from your consumer unit should it develop a fault. If you are thinking of upgrading your consumer unit please bear in mind that any registered electrician Should:

  • Install a new Consumer Unit in accordance with Amendment 3 of the 17th edition wiring regulation
  • Upgrade your main Earth Bonding
  • Test all your circuits to check compliance
  • Issue a full electrical certificate and Register the works under Part P Building Regs

Failure to carry out any of the above would be in breach of their accreditation

Metal Consumer Units,